Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nails Valentina

I was suffering from a bit of “split nail personality” disorder while choosing a design this week. So I have two designs on my nails, though I think for Valentine’s Day, I prefer the one with hearts. I think I’ll revisit the lattice design this summer.

I thought Zoya’s “Valentina” was the no-brainer choice for color this week, not blood red, but not pink either. I like it a lot, it’s bright and cheerful this time of year. I used my white “Stripe Rite” polish for the lines, and then rhinestones & puffy hearts to accent. As always, one coat Zoya Anchor, 2 coats polish, a coat of Zoya Armour to set the stones/hearts, and another 2 coats top coat to finish. I haven’t used these “puffy shapes” before – they’re fun, and the rounded tops make them smooth to wear, even though they stick up off the nail. Very nice!

I used the Peacekeepers Eco-Friendly polish remover to take off the Nubar polish from last week, and I’ll post a review of that tomorrow, along with pictures of the other new polishes & another eco-friendly remover I ordered last week (they arrived last night – hooray!). So far, so good!

0 comments: