Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome to Prime Time, B****!

These are my take on Freddy Krueger nails! First of all, entire series of the Nightmare of Elm Street movies  is amazing, which I know some people would argue with me about, but more importantly, can we just talk about the awesomeness of Wes Craven, who directed the first movie. He is one of my favorite directors, mostly because of the beauty of The Last House on the Left which includes the saddest moments of reflection I've ever seen.

But I digress, Freddy Krueger is quite possibly the scariest concept ever for a child because you can't escape the horror! Not even in your sleep! And Robert Englund, who portrays Freddy, is bone-chilling. He adds just the right amount of humor to make anyone squirm!

These nails were kind of a fail... The thumb and middle fingers are meant to be Freddy's burnt skin, but instead they look kind of pretty and definitely not skin-like. I'm pretty unhappy with my line work for Freddy's trademark red and green sweater. And my blood splatter looks more like... umm... well... not splatter-y... more like a glob. Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

FUN (and personal) FACT: The Simpsons knock off of Nightmare on Elm Street in the Treehouse of Horrors VI episode scared me WAY more than the film actually did. 

0 comments: