Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day Green

It’s Earth Day today, and I thought it only fitting to pick a green shade for my nails as we focus on green living this week. It was a difficult decision, but L8TR G8TR from China Glaze won the toss, and I’ll admit to being mesmerized by my own nails every time the light hits them differently. The holographic hexagons add just a touch of super-shiny sparkle that only shows in the right light. The picture above was taken without a flash, outside this morning, the one below was with a flash, also outside on the patio.

What I used:

1 coat Zoya Anchor base coat
2 coats China Glaze L8TR G8TR
1 coat Zoya Armour
Flat holographic hexagon shapes (put in place with a plastic “orange” stick – moisten the pointy end, then pick up and place each shape individually with that)
1 coat Zoya Armour to seal
It did take some time to get all those little flat shapes put on my nails individually…a difficult but not impossible task, and the extra subtle sparkle is worth it, I think. China Glaze and Zoya are both “big 3 free” – free of Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde and Toluene, chemicals that may be absorbed through your nails (not to mention inhaled), and could be bad for you. For more information, check out this post from All Lacquered Up. And read her most recent posts for information on natural nail polish removers, which I’m going to make a concentrated effort to find next time I’m ordering.

Here’s to “living Green”!

0 comments: