Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All Smiles

No, not smile “lines”…actual smiley faces!
Yesterday was quite a busy, brain-frying day, so I decided that bright, sunny smiley faces would help me get through the rest of this week. I love the turquoise polish too…it’s rather flat on it’s own (though it *looks* sparkly in the bottle), but a couple coats of topcoat got me that “wet look” I was going for.

What I used:

1 coat Zoya Anchor
3 coats Nocti Nip and Tuck
Smiley face nail art stickers
2 coats Zoya Armour
Qtica half-time drops, of course

My biggest pet peeve with nail art stickers is that inevitably, the edges pull up as soon as I put top coat on them, making them stick up off my nail and the center of the sticker looks “dented”. In this case, though, I think it creates a nice rim around the smiley faces, so I’m not so bothered by it (though I still wish I knew how to avoid it!). Water decals are my favorite by far…they look just like the design was air-brushed onto the nail, gorgeous and professional. Unfortunately, they’re really hard to find in stores anymore, and I haven’t ordered any online yet. Why can’t someone make a super-thin nail art sticker that would look professional with no visible edges? It can’t be that hard, can it?

But enough ranting for today…don’t worry, be happy!

0 comments: