Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Felicity Marble

Sorry I missed last week's post. A head cold and a seriously busy week at work got the best of me, I'm afraid. The good news is, last week's manicure is already scheduled to post next week, so I'm caught up for two weeks now. :-)

I decided to play with simple brush marbling this week - and I was going to do a video for you, but couldn't find the tripod. I will definitely get this done sometime this spring - I really like how it turned out (just ignore my poor clean up job, if you don't mind - I was in a hurry this morning).

I started with a base of Pure Ice "Platinum" - two coats over Seche Vite base coat.
Then I took Zoya's "Felicity", which is a semi-sheer light pink, and sort of swirled it on very lightly just using the brush in zig-zag motions over the nail.
I did that a few more times, alternating swirls of Platinum and Felicity for a light marbled look, and then I brushed CND Effects "Raspberry Sparkle" over the whole thing for shimmer. Unfortunately, it just doesn't show very well in photos - it's a pretty subtle effect.
Then I added a few faux pearls...just for some interest/texture, and covered them with a coat of Seche Vite topcoat. (Excuse the blurry photo - I need to find that tripod!)
Something still wasn't quite right...so I decided to see what it would look like with Essie's "Matte About You" topcoat to matte everything down. I put a drop of Seche topcoat on the pearls to keep them somewhat shiny. I really like the way it turned out, soft and almost satiny with a slight pink shimmer.
I still think these need "something" - maybe take the pearls off all but just the one nail with three. But overall, I love how the colors swirled together and matted down. I think it would work with any sheer polishes. I'll be trying it again, certainly.

Happy Easter, and happy polishing until next time! :-)

0 comments: