Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa Canes

Santa Claus is coming - are you ready? I hope he brings me some fun new nail art stuff...

This week's manicure is all about China Glaze and clay canes. I started with CG "Emerald Sparkle", and topped it with a thin coat of CG "Tinsel" for that frosted, sugary look. Then just a coat of top coat to set the cane Santas and candy canes in, and another top coat to finish. Unfortunately, I didn't get the clear clay in the crook of the candy canes pressed down tightly enough, so you can still see them if you look close enough. But I did get them sliced fairly thin - they stick up less than a regular rhinestone does above the polish. I wish I could have gotten the Santas sliced a bit thinner - it's hard to see where to slice on the white cutting board I've been using. Time for a colored board, maybe?

Here's a flash picture - in the right light, these are very sparkle-y nails (though for some reason, the flash makes the clear clay around the Santas stand out more - that doesn't actually happen even in bright light):
I *will* get the hang of cutting the cane slices thinner - it's a resolution for the new year!

Merry Christmas, everyone! Have a safe and happy holiday... and beautiful nails, too!

0 comments: