Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Disco Dust

Last week I decided (after much debate) that I was in the mood for purple. As you can see above, I rounded my tips back to my usual oval shape, and then started with a base of Seche Vite base coat, followed by *four* (yes, 4) coats of a miniature "Sally Girl" polish that seems to have lost it's name label. It's a beautifully shiny blue-purple color, but it's very sheer, so it took that many coats to make it nearly opaque. 
Then I coated it with one coat of another miniature Sally Girl called "Disco" - a sheer glitter that is super-sparkly. Unfortunately, none of my photos do it justice, but the one below without a flash sort of gives an idea. 
Then I embedded small iridescent plastic star shapes into the top coat - the glitter over the purple reminded me of star dust, so I figured stars would round it out nicely. Photo below again without a flash.
I sealed with another coat of Seche Vite, and cleaned up the sides. Unfortunately, this polish pulled away from the tips almost immediately, but I can't complain too loudly since it was super-cheap. It's pretty streaky too - I doubt I'll use it again. It was fun for the week though.
Last week I also got in a big order of new nail art supplies from Nail Art Delights! Adell was kind enough to include some freebies, including nail foil which I'm excited to play with. Here's a shot of my new goodies all spread out...fun stuff to look forward to!
I'm hoping to find or replace our camera tripod this week, so I can start posting some tutorial videos. Watch for those in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, inquiring minds want to know - what's on your tips this week?

Happy polishing...

0 comments: