Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tempest Foils

Yesterday I released my first self-published book - Tempest, a romantic suspense novella. Naturally, I was tickled to find China Glaze "Tempest" at the beauty supply store last weekend, and simply had to have it! I decided to add foil patches for an extra bit of chaos...and aside from the tip-pull issues, I think it turned out quite nicely. I have three colors of foil - copper, gold, and silver. They come in squares:

I basically just shred the squares with two orange sticks until I have different sized pieces. Wrinkles are good, in my opinion.
It took three coats of "Tempest" to be opaque...beautiful color, I think.
Then one nail at a time, I put a coat of top coat, and stuck bits of foil onto each nail. To pick up the foil, I licked the end of an orange stick and touched it to the foil. Just avoid getting top coat on your tongue. Trust me.
I sealed the designs with two coats of top coat (I used China Glaze base and top coat for this mani), and then cleaned up the mess this morning.
Oh look! A picture of my nails and my book! ;-)
If you'd like to see what Tempest is all about and perhaps get a copy for yourself, head over to my web site for the blurb, sample chapters, and ordering links.

I'm about ready for fall colors - how about you? Next week, something in wine, I think...

Until then, happy polishing (and reading)!

0 comments: