Thursday, September 29, 2011

Patterns - An Experiment

Sometimes I hate planning, which means that sometimes I just start painting without thinking at all. That's where these nails came from. The checker board nails are meant to be an illusion, and if you look at them from a far... like really far... then they appear to be convex. The pattern on my index finger just came after me doodling for a while. I think there are probably about 15 layers of paint on there (good thing I wasn't using polish!). And the thumb and pinky were painted last. I literally had no idea what I was doing. I just started painting triangle/diamond shapes for some strange reason, but I LOVE how they came out. I keep meaning to do a set of nails where they are all like the thumb and pinky. Would any one be interested in a tutorial on that?

Anyways, I hope these nails inspire you to just start painting without a plan. You can get some really great, unique creations that way.

0 comments: