Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Invader Zim

I did these nails as a part of the Peculiar Polish series that I'm collaborating on with Leslie from Polish Art Addiction. On my nails I did the main characters of Invader Zim: Zim himself, Gaz, Gir, Gir again, and Dib. I haven't watched too much Invader Zim myself, but from what I've seen it is pretty awesome. One of the things that I really enjoy about it, that is relatively common on good cartoon shows, is that it is really dynamic. By that I mean the camera does a lot of panning and creates really interesting movement. The reason a lot of cartoon shows incorporate this is because it tends to save on animation costs. However I like the look because it creates a lot of interest. Especially in a show like Invader Zim, which requires a little bit more suspense. Changing the camera angle can completely change the tone of a show.

To see my original post about these nails click here

0 comments: