Monday, March 19, 2012

NAILgasm - The most important post you will read today!

Some of you might have heard about this new documentary project called NAILgasm, but some of you might not have. In case you haven't, it's a documentary about what we all love the most: nail art! As the creator puts it, NAILgasm, "explores [sic] how nail art has evolved from the streets to high fashion." This is of particular interest to me, because not only do I love nail art, but I love documentaries. I think it would be so amazing to sit down and watch a documentary about one of my favorite things in the world. But NAILgasm needs your help. In order to be completed, the director has set up a Kickstarter to help get some extra funds so that she can interview more awesome nail artists from across the world. In case you don't know Kickstarter is essentially a fundraising site that allows anyone to donate to a project. The project has a set goal that it needs reach in order for the "backers" to have to pay. (So basically, if not enough people pledge to donate, NAILgasm will get no money and might never be made!) I just pledged to donate $25. With my donation, if the project gets backed, I will get stickers, buttons and my name in the credits as a perk for donating! You can donate as little as $1. And let's be honest, I don't think there is a single person that reads my blog who wouldn't be willing to pay $1 to see an awesome documentary about nail art. But if you don't have the money, at least spread the word. 

Right now, NAILgasm still needs about $2,000 in order to be funded. They still need 25% of their goal. And there is only 32 hours left for them to achieve this goal (it ends 3/20 at 8:35EDT). Please, go donate over at Kickstarter here and spread the word to anyone you know who loves nail art and wants to see nail art move further into the mainstream, learn where it came from, and see what the nail artists you idolize have to say about the field. 

0 comments: