Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Electric Flowers

 
The weather's warming up, and I was in the mood for green and flowers this week after starting a bunch of seeds for the garden. I had to cut quite a lot of length off - I had some breakage and just decided to start over. I had some bubbling problems, as you can see - that's what I get for using cheap and older polish. But I just love OPI's "Electric Eel"! I started with a base of Pure Ice "Platinum". 

Then I used three coats of Electric Eel - it's pretty transluscent, but I kind of like the effect over the Platinum.
 
Then I used the white flower decals, accented on the thumbs with black butterflies. If I recall correctly, all of the decals are "Fingers" brand. 

 
I finished it off with a couple coats of top coat, and cleaned it up this morning. 

 
I like it - very spring-y and light. I prefer lighter polish on shorter nails, so next week's manicure will probably be light as well.
This weekend I'm going to try to get a video done of how I clean the polish off the sides of my nails - or an approximation in the sink anyway, since I normally do it in the shower. Hopefully I'll have that ready to post sometime next week. 

What say you, readers? Would you like to see some video nail art tutorials? I can't guarantee one every week, but I thought it might be kind of fun once in awhile...let me know what you think!

0 comments: