Monday, November 28, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Whoo Hoo!! An award! Do you know what my favorite part of awards is? It's coming up with fun facts to share with you all! You can see more facts about me here from when Liz (from Nail Files from the Basement) awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award. This time I was awarded The Versatile Blogger award by two people: First from Alexis of Je T'aime Lacquer and then from Jenni of Gold Speck Nails. You girls are awesome! Thank you!

The terms of the award are that I have to tell you 7 things about myself and pass the award along to 15 other versatile bloggers!

Here are 7 (more) facts about me:
1. My real name is Cayley! Nev is a handle that I have used for ages that came from a song by the band Nevermore. My real name comes from the mathematician Arthur Cayley (yup, I'm named after a boy). Cayley (the mathematician) worked largely in modern algebra and if you've studied any linear algebra, you probably recognize the name from the Cayley-Hamilton Theorem!

2. I am recently engaged, which if you read my blog, you already know. Might I recommend checking out the video of Ron's proposal (but I warn you, it is a bit gory). What you probably don't know is that I am writing our pre-nup. When you enter into a contract, you usually dictate the terms of it (you know... I'll pay you $X for you to do Y), but a marriage contract is one of the only contracts that the state dictates the terms of. Ron and I don't want the government to tell us what our marriage is supposed to be!

3. I'm about to start nail school! That's right - I have enrolled in cosmetology school in a nail specialty program! I start in January and I will be blogging about my experience. It should be... interesting...

4. I have had a lot of hairstyles: I have dyed my hair every color under the sun, I've had dreadlocks, I've essentially shaved my head (surprisingly this was not after the dreadlocks), I've had insanely long hair. Yet, I have no idea how to style my hair.

5. This is sort of tied in with #2, but I have no idea what I want my wedding to be like. I don't care too much about colors, venue, style, what my dress looks like! This is particularly weird because I've been dreaming about getting married since I was a kid, I just never had a vision of what it would be like. If you have ideas for me, I would LOVE them... please... someone... help me...

6. Ron and I are currently watching every episode and movie (chronologically) of Star Trek. It turns out that I really hate Captain Kirk. A lot. Why doesn't anyone like him? Spock is so obviously superior. Kirk is susceptible to everything, and let's be honest, you could just put a woman in a room and Kirk would be rendered useless.

7. I'm really interested in serial killers. I've read probably 200 books about true crime, watched countless documentaries, and am always perusing the internet for more information. I think my interest stems from the fact that I find it so unimaginable that anyone could ever take another person's life.

And now for 15 other beautiful, versatile, amazing, bloggers. I am not repeating any bloggers that I have already awarded a different award because I feel like there are so many awesome bloggers out that that I need to share the wealth! But let's be honest, I don't know anyone who isn't deserving of this award!

Copy That, Copy Cat
Sakura Kiss Nails
Emily's Nail Files
Rebecca Likes Nails
That Leanne
Deez-Nailz
KK Nails
Blue Tape and Nails
D_Nails
Kawaii Nail Art
Hverdagsnegler by Thea
Arts of Archu
Nail Polish Addict
Nail Art World
Sandra at My World
Nail Loopy

Darn it, I always go one over. That was 16, but I was never one for making cuts.

0 comments: